The celebrated psychotherapist and personal coach, Amy Morin, listed several signs that people who fail in their goals do.
The listing is part of her book “The 13 Things That does not Do People Who Have Strong Mentality”. Only successful people implement these habits to achieve the expected results regardless of the role they play in their daily lives: in the personal, such as executives, workers, leaders, entrepreneurs, colleagues and friends.
Here we present a series of 5 of the main mistakes that do not make the people of strong mind, which will make the difference between commercial and business success or, simply, be the negative energy center and to stay counting for the few that surround him on that which could ever be, but which never was. Here is the summary of the recommendations given by Morin and have led her to give lectures around the world:
- The error of giving away the mental state: They are the ones who are complaining all the time, who say that they criticize them for everything, for no reason, that they take everything to heart and waste time on things they cannot control. And they let themselves be carried away by those who can control like the emotions, they live by manipulating, throwing the towel for everything, even by the most stupid situation. They believe that the world has permanently with them a personal debt that cannot be paid for as long as life treats them well. They pass envy to their neighbor because he earns more, the new because it looks very good, the boss because he is late or the friend because he goes on vacation abroad. What they have is not enough.
- Live from the past: Batteries! It is different to learn the past to avoid the same mistakes and another thing is to live as if all past time was better. Do they believe that the most successful minds conform to what they lived in the past? What do minds such as Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, or Henry Ford have in common? They stepped forward and emerged from the darkness to see the light of the future. When a change is needed, the successful mind is able to bring out the best that he or she has.
- They are afraid of calculated risk: The strong mind of a successful person is not that of a fearful pessimist or an irresponsible optimist. He is able to measure the potential risks and benefits of his actions. Think for a given situation what the worst and best scenario is and take into account that to have the result you have to incorporate the uncertainty and put it into the equation.
- Make the same mistakes: “Madness is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results”. The phrase is from the exceptional physicist Albert Einstein, who advanced to scientific studies where they conclude that the ability to be aware of mistakes and successes is one of the characteristics of successful men and women. We must learn from successes and feedback with failures. From this reflection remains to keep things that work and get rid of the useless.
- Expect immediate results: Strong-minded people know that things are gained from perseverance that success comes from strategic planning and constant effort. They do not run the 100 meters flat and expect the greatest achievement, but are in ‘marathon mode’ to achieve their victories. Look at an athlete like Nairo Quintana, tennis player Andy Murray or legendary athlete Jesse Owens. They all went from step to step, building with their training and hard work what they posed as the greatest goal of their lives. Waiting in a chair to be given the desired salary or a lawyer calling you to tell you that you will receive an inheritance, is not only lazy, but a little dumb too, if you look closely.
- The success depends on many factors, it is the attitude that is assumed to frustration, depends on the preparation, the strength, the same parenting can lead to have higher or lower chances of success. As always, for more advice you can receive, you are the only person who has the opportunity to continue doing things as you have done or detect fields in which you can make improvements.